Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The African Pacific Daily

Hi Ewriwan (that is everyone in Pacific Pidgin)

trust all is well in the world ..olsem wanem (how are you)

I am an African in the Pacific...I am an Economist ...I am a dedicated Surfer.. 12 years ago, after sailing throughout the Pacific, I started African Pacific, as a business venture focused on positive and sustainable development outcomes. Today, we operate across the Pacific Region, from PNG to Samoa, linking communities and ethical markets internationally, whilst building brand equity for growers with our Nui Organic LifeStyle brand.

The emphasis was to move away from the colonial legacy  that remains deeply entrenched in our thinking, our markets, our trade relation and our perception of entitlement.  It is a move towards a new paradigm, which is underlined by the belief that there is no separation in our world that we are all linked to one universal outcome, ...  that we should expect much more from ourselves and thus be open to create better economic outcomes for all.

I believe the new growth paradigm is one of personal and conscious growth which will allow all of us to be better equipped for a future that will reflect the beauty of the human creative spirit, the planet and the abundance of now.

This journey is every moment  in my life.  Personally, it is a  rewarding story, of people's passion for change, growers aspiration for empowerment and the determination of individuals to make positive change a reality... and which I am inspired to share..

A story of all I see... in my inbox, .. travels, ...brada's mo sista's ...partners, colleagues,  friends and foe's...development, economics, business, environment, culture..love and fear... my ego and the process to understand better...

Our world in a postcard....tis indeed a beautiful place...hope you can join me, the show must go on...

Vinaka Vakalevu...

blessings

1 comment: