Wednesday, November 17, 2010

From my inbox: RE: PURE HEALTH, Claremont, WA: Nui Query

Dear Sharon,
Trust you are well.  Thank you for the mail and please excuse the delay in getting back to you.

I will ask Danielle O’Donoghue, our resident Nui Chef to do some research in terms of your most valid questions:
My query is regarding the magnesium content (per 100g or per serve?) of the Raw Dark Chocolate in 70% and 80%.  As I mentioned to you, Claremont is a high income area and people are well educated (there are 7 private schools within 3 kms of my shop!) and savvy so are bound to ask ME lots of questions! 

Regarding our Fair Trade principles, I will ask Linda Gaden, our Nui Sales Coordinator to get back to you with the brief history, present and future in terns of Nui and Fair Trade and with reference to your question;
the current situation regarding fair trade with certain countries you mentioned and regarding the potential for future certification and the quality of the growing conditions for the raw ingredients of the Raw Dark Chocolate bars at the moment for my information.

I thank you again for the email, your passion and knowledge of Wellbeing and look forward to a good relationship and hope we can continue to be of service to you with our Nui Organic LifeStyle Product range.
I have attached a wholesale order form for you to see the full range of our products, but please do continue to use Rener Health or Unique for your orders in WA.

Thank you again

Andreas
- - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - -
andreas b lombardozzi
trader & value chain architect
-------------------------------------------
Nui $1 A Day : Live Fair │ Nui Chef : Live Well │ Nui Spa : Live Beautiful │  
Nui Generation - Live Fair - www.nuigeneration.com     Facebook MySpace Twitter Blog
A division of African Pacific Pty Ltd
PO Box 377; 7/21 Tepko Road, Terrey Hills, NSW, 2084, Australia
(t) +61 2 9986 3444; +61 2 9986 3355
(f) +61 2 9986 1911
(text) +61412611877
(skype) drcoconut


From: Sharon Blackman\
Sent: 08 November 2010 04:04 PM
To: Andreas Lombardozzi
Subject: PURE HEALTH, Claremont, WA: Query

Hello Andreas

It was lovely to speak with you this morning.

As I said, I am a naturopath who is about to open a naturopathic health food store in Claremont, WA (early December). It is currently under construction as it was a vacant site in the shopping centre when I leased it in July.

Just for some background for you, I am only stocking products of the highest quality (and those that I use myself or would use) and, in particular, where I have a respect for, and a good relationship with, the companies involved and the distributors in Australia of those products.

I will be selling everything from Practitioner Only vitamins, minerals and herbs to raw honey, organic superfoods, organic cooking ingredients, certified organic mineral makeup, soy candles and organic skin/body/hair care and household cleaning products - and lots of organic and raw chocolate of course!

My query is regarding the magnesium content (per 100g or per serve?) of the Raw Dark Chocolate in 70% and 80%.  As I mentioned to you, Claremont is a high income area and people are well educated (there are 7 private schools within 3 kms of my shop!) and savvy so are bound to ask ME lots of questions!

I would also be grateful if you would outline for me again, via email, the current situation regarding fair trade with certain countries you mentioned and regarding the potential for future certification and the quality of the growing conditions for the raw ingredients of the Raw Dark Chocolate bars at the moment for my information.
  

Warm regards
Sharon


Sharon Lee Blackman
Naturopath
PURE HEALTH
ABN:  65 936 128 009
C/-12 Second Avenue
CLAREMONT  WA  6010
Tel:    08 9284 7717
Mob:   0419 974 555
Fax:    08 9286 2485



 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon,
    Thank you for your interest in the Nui range and for your desire for more comprehensive information in regard to the nutritional content of the chocolate. It is so inspiring for me to experience how more and more people are REALLY interested in where their food is coming from and what it contains. Your questions have prompted me to look into getting our own beans tested for nutritional quantities as my research has led me to discover that there is a vast difference in values of magnesium from 520mg per hundred grams at the high end to 131mg per 100 grams at the lower end. So at this stage you would be safe to tell your customers that there is at least 131mg per 100g, you could also explain, as I'm sure you're aware, that nutritional contents of naturally grown foods vary constantly due to season, weather conditions, location etc.
    Stay tuned to our website and blog for more updates and delicious recipes as we continue to expand our knowledge and share our experiences with our delicious range of functional food products.

    Smiles of sunshine
    Danielle
    Nui Chef :o)

    ReplyDelete